15 August 2010

Check Please!

The more I date/get to know someone, the more reasons I've found to confirm why I'm still single. 

Last weekend; and at the same event I met Stalker at, I met Special Dark.  He did everything he could to gain my attention and flirted shamelessly when he did.  We engaged in a really great conversation where a good vibe developed and he asked if we could exchange numbers.  I didn't take his and instead gave him mine stating that if he truly had an interest he'd do the leg work.  In spite of my being independent, assertive, and all that good stuff; I still like to be courted. 

That evening, I went to the party with where I knew he would be and upon seeing me, he became my date for the night.  We drank, talked, danced, and had a genuinely good time.  When it was time for me to go, he walked me to my car, hugged me and said he'd be in touch.  He knew I had plans with my family the next day, but still sent a text to say it was a pleasure meeting me, inquired about my family whom he'd met at the picnic and party, and wished me a good day with them. 

The next day, we speak via text, but I wanted there to be some actual human contact, so I said, I would refrain from texting and he should call when he had an opportunity to do so.  A short while later, he called and we spoke for an hour or so.  The conversation was energetic and warm like our previous and he quickly took me out of the tired funk I was in to sparking the proverbial second wind.  I had to go out that evening, but said I would call or text when I was done.

The following day, he asked what was on my agenda and if there was an opportunity for him to visit me (he lives in NY).  I ran through my itinerary and said that the evening would be good.  Let the record show that I do not make a habit of letting people come to my home and I was in fact breaking my own self-imposed rule since I knew I'd have Lil Lady and my surrogate kids at the house, so I wouldn't be there alone with someone I'd just met. 

Upon his arrival; he was reintroduced to  Lil Lady and Surrogate Daughter as he'd met them on Saturday and he was also introduced to Lil Lady's Twin; also a surrogate daughter and Lil Lady's male bestie.  We sat and chatted for a while before he was afforded the tour of my house.  While upstairs, he kissed me, which I returned until he got a little touchy feely.  I promptly ended the tour upstairs and hustled him back downstairs and outside to the vast back yard until I was ready to bring him back inside. 

Fast forward to the kids going upstairs leaving he and I alone...He kisses me again and this time with more vigor than the previous.  I pulled away feeling a bit overwhelmed, but it didn't thwart his attempts to get touchy-feely again.  I backhanded him citing his advances were too forward and uncalled for.  He backed off, but now I was feeling a bit put off and said it was getting late and he had a 90 minute drive ahead of him.  He left and I was both pissed off and relieved.  We had standing plans, which we'd made on Monday to meet on Friday; prior to his wanting to see me on Tuesday, but I was no longer feeling like I wanted to go through with them as he'd rubbed me (literally) the wrong way.  Friday rolls around and I hadn't heard from him all day.  I called and left a message inquiring if we were still a go and waited for his response.  Bottom line was that I was going anyway as I'd already made the plans, but being one for social protocol, I made contact in spite of myself.  Hours later he said he was sorry, but had been caught up on some business and would get back to me.  I responded, stating it was cool either way as I was proceeding as planned. 

Later said evening, he text inquiring as to my whereabouts and I stated I was with my friend and it was cool that he couldn't make it.  (Read, was RELIEVED).  I think I might have truly lost it if I had to ward off his octopus-like advances.

The point of this convoluted story is that this is a clear example of someone showing you who they are and having the presence of mind to pay attention.  I saw very quickly that Special Dark is hands on - literally in spite of not once being given the green light.  His lack of contact post visit shows me what his intentions really where regardless of how he presented himself. And finally, his lack of contact since bailing on Friday.  In truth, I'm not pressed and will chalk it up to The Adventures and Misadventures of a Single/Dating Woman.  I had a good night regardless with a very dear/special friend, so here's to you Special Dark....Check please!!!!

Stay blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, What a weekend...Two suspect guys all at the same party! Well at least you're thinking and being perceptive...I can't tell you how many people aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith - they were at the same picnic, but only Special Dark went to the party. Either way, yes, two men; same weekend. Lol! I live by experience and will not delude myself into thinking something is what it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience, a guy isn't driving 90 minutes one-way unless he believes that it will be "worth it". It's a shame. Where are all the gentlemen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude should've played the game with more maturity Ms. Jewel... and treated you with some respect (IMO)

    I am sure that this particular post would've been different... Wink**Wink**
    Chuckles....

    There is no where though that said you did not feel him!!

    Glad you smelled the coffee
    Even if it did somehow smell good!

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to say something...