29 October 2010

Will we ever be satified????

Okay, answer me this, when will women ever be satisfied with their bodies/appearance?  I've got a serious case of "Sick-A-See" with all these products designed to make me "more beautiful".

From creams to take away wrinkles, smooth skin, fade marks, etc, etc; to pills/shakes/diets/foods, etc, etc, to make use loose weight; to all the endless ways to alter ourselves, I'm ready to annihilate a good portion of the cosmetics and food industry.  Yes, I'm no dummy, these products have been around for years, so that's not in fact what's got me all riled up.  It's actually these damn products to enhance eyelashes.  EYELASHES? REALLY???? I mean REALLY?????  How the heck has it gone that far that we're now so concerned with our eyelashes that we're resorting to pharmaceuticals to make them longer/fuller?  What the hell is wrong with mascara for chrissakes?   I know it's a cosmetic booster, but dammit, I'd rather see that in use than someone ingesting pills or adding some liquid chemical juice on their eyelids to make their lashes longer.  Ugh, I'm appalled and disgusted!  But further than that, I'm appalled and disgusted by those who created it and are peddling it in an effort to play on the insecurities of women.

Women, is it serious?  Have we become that shallow that we're worrying about eyelashes?  There are a million other REAL issues women could be worrying over than this.  Women need to stop being so freaking petty, insecure, and/or whatever it is that drives them to fall prey to the constant attack on their psyche.  Granted we all have something about ourselves that we're not to fond of, but there has to come a point in our lives where we just say, "eff it! I am who I am and that's all there is to it.  Love me or hate me, I am me".

Having suffered with self-esteem and body issues for many years of my life, I rejoiced when I finally accepted myself "as is".  I was never one too big on cosmetics, so I never fell victim to that attack, I did overly worry about my weight, but I had 20yrs, 1 month and 7 days of Uncle Sam to thank for that; however, at some point, I did kind of say, "eff you, I'm good" as my genes/DNA worked favourably for me.  And that ladies is my point.  We have to come to terms with who we are, how we're built, and what some of our pre-disposed factors are.  We're not all going to be what society likes to dictate we should be, so the best we can do if find a healthy comfortable weight/lifestyle and stick to it.  We have to stop being convinced that every part of us has a flaw and needs to be 'fixed'.

Ladies, if you haven't already, I suggest you start healing the wounded child within.  Find her and love her and let her be free.  Stop allowing yourself to be railroaded into thinking there is something wrong with you; be it your weight, your height, your breasts, or your freaking eyelashes.  Talk to your doctor and get a full checkup to ensure you're healthy for your height/weight and live with any meaningful changes you may have to make, but do it for all the RIGHT reasons and not because some money-grubbing a-hole says you're not beautiful.  We are ALL beautiful in our unique way and it's time we understood and accepted it.

Live according to YOU! 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back !! Enjoy your blog. Wil you b posting some of your pics from your trip ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Johny and yes, I can/will do that! In fact, the header pic was our view from the 14th of the Royal Towers at Atlantis

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn to say something...